Smoke & Spice BBQ Gift Set
£29.50 inc. VAT
A brilliant combination of smoke and spice for stunning hot smoking results, this hot smoking starter kit is bursting with punchy flavours. Just add chips to the box and place on your BBQ heat for an explosion of flavour.
The kit includes our stainless smoker box together with Whisky Barrel Oak smoking chips, Pear smoking chips and a shaker jar of hot hot Piri Piri spice rub all packed into a gift box along with a 4 page leaflet featuring a range of meat, vegetable and dessert recipe ideas.
A wonderful gift for any adventurous foodie and if you love to BBQ, a fantastic way to add an extra flavour dimension to your cooking.
- Stainless steel smoker box – add a handful of chips to the box, replace the lid and place the box on your heat source. As it heats up the chips will begin to smoulder, releasing their smoky flavours. The box will protect the chips from simply burning up and promote mellow and longerlasting flavour production.
- Whisky Barrel Oak Chips 200g – a strong smoke flavour with an intense whisky aroma, perfect for beef, game, salmon, fruits and vegetables. Produced from 25 year old oak barrels used to age Scottish whisky.
- Pear Chips 200g – a delicate fruitwood with a subtle sweetness and spicy overtones, delicious with chicken, pork, fish, seafood and vegetables. Sourced from managed European orchards.
- Piri Piri Hot Spice Rub 50g – a fiery blend of herbs and spices. Season your food and leave for up to one hour prior to cooking. Ingredients: Garlic, salt, chilli flakes, onion, basil, chilli powder. 50g supplied in shaker jar
- Directions and Recipe Leaflet
Smoke flavour guide:
Choosing a wood depends on the food you are cooking. The depth of smoke flavour does vary across the various hardwoods and fruitwoods used in food smoking, from the more subtle tones of beech to a full blast of mesquite. Creating recipes, blending woods, going for a big smoky hit or just a hint of woody tones is all part of the food smoking adventure.
This introduction guide will help you pair your recipe with just the right wood. Listed below are our woods according to strength and which foods they will complement.
Choose a lighter smoke wood flavour for delicately flavoured foods such as trout, seafood, white meats, fruits and vegetables.
Our lighter smoking woods include Beech, Alder, Almond, Orange, Pear and Plum
MEDIUM SMOKE FLAVOUR
Select a wood with a medium, mellow smoke flavour for chicken, fish, pork, cheese and vegetables or tone down the smoke strength for stronger flavoured foods such as lamb and beef.
Choose from Apple, Apricot, Cherry and Maple for wonderfully mellow aromatic smoke flavour.
STRONG SMOKE FLAVOUR
Match a heavy smoke flavour to robust flavoured foods such as beef, lamb, game and oily fish such as salmon and mackerel. Or if you like your food really smoky, these are the flavours for you.
Choose from oak, cabernet oak, chestnut, whisky oak, hickory, mesquite and juniper.